Tuesday, September 1, 2015

F You Fatigue

It comes in waves. I can be up and about, then it hits me and I feel like I could fall asleep where I stand.

I haven't felt fatigue like this since my first trimester of pregnancy. But at least then I knew there was an end in sight.

Naps aren't 20 minutes but two hour affairs where I am as fast asleep as I am at night. If I don't nap, then you will find me passed out on the couch before 9 pm. On those days that I power through the fatigue, I'm in bed not long after the kids.

Some days, I feel like I could go back to bed after only being awake an hour. I'm impervious to coffee.

So if you invite me out for an evening on the town and I decline, it has nothing to do with you, but with the sleep my body so desperately needs. Those nights out mean days of short temper and exhaustion so I have to choose them wisely, especially since my day could involve chasing kids. I save my energy for them. They deserve the best of me, not the worst.

F You Fatigue

No comments:

Post a Comment