Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Another step forward!

Only two weeks have passed since we visited the MS Clinic, but I'm happy to say we continue to move forward.

I received the call yesterday from our selected treatment option's patient assistance program. If all goes well, I will receive the drug by end of week and start weaning it into my daily routine. This is amazing news.

Why aren't we mentioning what drug I will be taking? There are a few reasons:

1) This drug isn't an option for everyone. Several folks that know someone with RRMS are not on this particular drug for various reasons.
2) I do not want this blog to be seen to promote one treatment option over another.
3) I have yet to begin taking it. I may have a reaction, I may not stay on it, who knows?
4) This may not be the only drug I try.

Needless to say, we are thankful that we continue to forge ahead in our fight against MS. This drug won't reverse the effects but it hopes to prevent further relapses which can cause irreparable damage to my body.

Yay!

2 comments:

  1. Get well soon. Just continue praying that everything will be okay. And that drug you'll be taking will augment your total recovery. God bless.

    ReplyDelete