Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I had a baby - 9 months ago!

My son Lucas has been out as long as he was in. And I survived. So far.

Before he arrived, I contemplated starting a blog that I could update when he napped or as he played, as this motherhood thing was going to be a breeze.

Fast forward nine months and here I am, finally getting this blog started. Mostly as an outlet for me to write and reach the outside world, but hopefully along the way, other moms that are out there will enjoy the misadventures of this modern mom.

A good friend of mine just had her first baby a month ago and as I held her little bundle, it was hard to believe that Lucas was that small. I found a newborn diaper buried in his cupboard and have packed away all his newborn clothes - and I was sad. He will never be that small again (well, really at 9 lbs. 1 oz. he was never really THAT small). Was I crazy to miss those days when we never slept, he was always nursing and couldn't focus his eyes on my face?

These nine months have gone by so slowly and so fast all at the same time. Those really rough days where I watch the minutes pass until my husband comes home to relieve me and the days where I turn around and it's already dinner and bedtime for my little man. Most of the time it feels like trying to catch lightning in a bottle.

So, rather than reliving my life over the past several months, I hope to focus on Lucas' transition from baby to boy and my inevitable return to work in a few months.

1 comment:

  1. You captured the essence of the first year so beautifully! The next 3 months with your babe will be some of the best days of your life as he gets more mobile and learns about the world around him. Treasure these days even the painful ones when you can't wait for daddy to step in the door. When you start working, you'll crave these days like you never expected.

    ReplyDelete