Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's a World of Laughter, a World of Tears

We just returned from our second family trip to Disney and to sound cliche, it was magical.

Last year, Lucas was just a wee one so our day at the Magic Kingdom involved a lot of walking, some eating and the occasional ride on the train. This year, everything changed. Lucas was able to walk (or run) as well as enjoy many of the sights and sounds of Disney. And boy did he enjoy it, as did we seeing it through his eyes.

The most moving moment for me was when we embarked on the Disney classic ride, It's a Small World. It was almost 30 years ago, my grandma and grandpa took me to the Magic Kingdom and I took a ride through this world of wonder. Now I had Lucas on my lap, watching as he gazed at the moving dolls and clapped along with the song. Tears filled my eyes.



It's true that you really do experience things all over again when you see it through your child's eyes. I caught myself welling up with tears many times during our Disney adventure, all because seeing the pure joy on Lucas's face was almost too much for me to handle.

I can't wait till our trip next year.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait! We're going in 50 days. The countdown is on!! I'm sure I'll be in tears too. It's been 15 years since my last visit.

    ReplyDelete