Sunday, June 13, 2010

And So It Ends...

Today is my last day of maternity leave. And Lucas has the croup.

I was expecting to feel different, but it feels like any other Sunday, even like those before I had Lucas.

I'm excited. I'm returning to a new role and am looking forward to working with a great team.

And I'm burnt out. Burnt out on maternity leave.

This past year has been one of new experiences, new challenges and new successes. Lucas is the greatest achievement I have ever had. But it's not over yet.

I'm hoping to keep the blog up to chronicle my experiences as I settle back into work, celebrate Lucas' first birthday and the ones that follow, as well as the many highs and lows we experiences as a family. Time is sure to be limited but I welcome this next phase.

P.S. Hedges between us and the bully neighbour are going up today. Another success.

No comments:

Post a Comment