Sunday, June 6, 2010

And So It Begins...

Lucas begins his transition into daycare tomorrow.

Part of me is excited for all of the adventures he will have and the friends he will make.

And there is a part of me that has been holding him just a little bit tighter this weekend, taking a few extra snuggles and kisses wherever I can.

I went to daycare as a kid and I loved it. I was an only child so the friends that I had there were so important to me. Lucas is so good-natured that I know he will adjust well. He's already begun to take to his teacher and is very comfortable in the playroom.

So what will I do this week as he transitions? I have a laundry list of things to do - which ironically does not include laundry.

First, select the menu and caterer for his birthday party at the end of the month. Stop by the office for a visit before I officially begin next week.
Painting and odd jobs around the house prepping it for sale.
A pedicure and eyebrow waxing (fascinating I know).
Clothes shopping - for me, not for him.
Finally to top it off, a facial and massage at the Elmwood. That's my treat.

I'm hoping to keep the blog up after I return to work, but I'm sure my time is going to be crunched. And spare moments with Lucas will take precedence.

PS - for those who saw my bully post regarding my neighbour, upon my last encounter with his two sons, they taunted and teased Lucas while he was making noises in his stroller. I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment