Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Magic Blanket - Update!

This past Saturday, I was on a mission. As previously mentioned, Lucas has chosen a certain Carter's blanket as his transitional object. It really is sweet to watch him suck his thumb and rub the blanket against his face, but we faced a dilemma: we only had one blanket of this kind.

My husband thought we would do fine with just one. Really? Having read my friend Nick's post on his blog about forgetting a beloved stuffed animal at daycare, I knew that one blanket was a recipe for disaster. It was sure to be left at home or at daycare in the rush of everyday life. So I needed to find more blankets.

Upon visiting the Carter's store in Richmond Hill, I found out that the certain pattern of our blanket (green one side, polka dot on the other) was discontinued. HOWEVER, they had the same design of blanket (double sided, 100% cotton), but in a different pattern (yellow striped one side, animals on the other). So I bought two.

Now what would Master Lucas say?

After washing one of the new blankets, I put it in his arms, replacing the green one that was desperately overdue for a wash. He immediately clasped it in his hand and rubbed it against his cheek. SUCCESS!

And it was on that day, I felt like a Mommy success.

Footnote: Lucas did notice the green one coming out of the dryer a couple of days later, looked down at the yellow one in confusion and started to crawl towards the laundry room. I quickly hid the green one and all was good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment