Thursday, May 6, 2010

Three Generations of Mothers

Lucas and I had a special errand this week. We sent Mother's Day cards to Lucas' four (yes, four) great grandmothers. He also has some step-great grandmothers, but again, I'll save that for another post.

Lucas is lucky enough to have three generations of mothers. Mother's Day upon us, it makes for a very special day.

This is my first official Mother's Day. This time last year, I was in the few final weeks of my pregnancy and this year, I get to celebrate with a hug and a kiss from my special guy. With this life change, Mother's Day too has changed.

I had a visit with my mom last week and she asked that we have brunch together on the Monday following Mother's Day. She said she realized it's time for her to step back and let my relationship with Lucas take precedence on Mother's Day. And I thought to myself, that's exactly what a mother would do, put her child before herself.

I don't know what is planned for Mother's Day. I'm taking a step back from planning and letting the day unfold with my two favourite guys. And maybe also with a glass or two of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment