Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Baby Tunes Playlist

On my way to the dentist this morning, I tapped the Baby Tunes playlist on my iPhone - this is the compilation I made to listen to while in labour at the hospital. I liken it to Barney Stinson's 'Get Psyched' mix from How I Met Your Mother. I wanted to listen to happy, high energy tunes while bringing Lucas into the world. The funny thing is listening to this mix this morning, it struck me that many of the songs I added were very ironic. Take a look:

Stronger - Kanye West (cause labour won't kill me, but make me stronger)
What Am I Doing Here - Blue Rodeo (what did I get myself into?)
Hasn't Hit Me Yet - Blue Rodeo (self-explanatory)
Baby I Love Your Way - Big Mountain AND Peter Frampton versions
We'll Be Together - Sting (kept me going till the end)
Bigger Than My Body - John Mayer (again self-explanatory)

In the hours we waited for labour to pick up, these songs really grounded me (as well as energized me for the journey ahead). I know many women need calming, soothing music, but I needed to sing and GET PSYCHED.

However, I'm sure my husband could've used some calming, soothing music when I passed out after a muscle relaxant injection. I had such vivid dreams of being at Cheers (where everyone knows your name) and having my first post-baby pint of Strongbow. But I'll save that for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment