Thursday, April 1, 2010

Non-sensical Songs and Running Commentary

After my last post about baby babble, I realized there is also something else I do almost subconsciously - sing. I've made up silly songs for Lucas about the things we do every day. He laughs and giggles and when he fusses, it is these same silly songs that calm him down.

But when he's asleep, or when I'm out by myself - I'm still singing these songs. I catch myself singing about how Lucas is so good looking and awesome (I didn't say they were GOOD songs). Or about how he did a peeps or a poops. I don't even realizing that I'm singing them till I see my husband give me this weird look.

I've also started to provide a running commentary of everything that I am doing, all the time. "Mommy is going upstairs, Mommy is going to the bathroom, Mommy is doing laundry" blah blah blah. Now when Lucas isn't in the room, I'm still saying out loud what I'm doing, again to my husband with the same weird look. I'm sure he's pleased that I'm sharing aloud that I'm going to the bathroom.

1 comment: