Thursday, April 1, 2010

From A-Type to Absent-minded

Anyone who has worked with me (or generally knows me well), knows that I am a planner. I can do critical paths in an hour, oversee client budgets to the penny, have to do lists both on paper and in my mind, and am generally very organized. I wasn't always this way - I think it was the nature of the business I'm in that developed this sense of order.

Now my life is chaos. And I have a severe case of baby brain. I just returned from a trip to Shopper's Drug Mart where I had three things to buy. And I wandered the aisles trying for the life of me to remember the third thing. It was baby formula. You know, the stuff that I use to FEED MY CHILD. And I couldn't remember.

Now I have to remember to even write a list. Then I have to remember where I put that list. Then once I find the list, remember what I wanted to write down. Even with my iPhone, I must enter dates/events into my calendar immediately or it will fall off my radar. I know they say in many baby books that at first a baby's memory is only seven seconds long - but why didn't they mention that mine also becomes seven seconds long?

No comments:

Post a Comment