Monday, April 5, 2010

The Motherhood Connection

Ever since Lucas was born, my social network has increased. It's something about motherhood that makes us feel universally connected to one another. I've resurrected friendships from the past over stories of our babies and development, made new friends through baby classes and found great resources via Facebook, Twitter and mom sites like Yummy Mummy Club and Urbanmoms. Even though I haven't met some of these amazing moms, I feel like they are my back-up, my go to guide when Lucas is giving me a particularly rough time.

I even started up my own Facebook group so these moms could chat with each other and benefit from another's experience. This really started as questions posted in my status update that morphed into a group where any mom can post a question. It's amazing that when I find out someone is mom, I'm instantly open to sharing so much of my life. It's a common link of some sort.

I'm happiest about how motherhood has brought people back into my life. It's inevitable that with time and space, people can drift in and out of your life. Since Lucas was born, I've had the opportunity to re-connect with old friends who are now new moms - and they have turned into cherished friendships. For this, I am most thankful. I'm always up for a beverage on a patio with strollers...

No comments:

Post a Comment